Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Safeway 1/12/11

Apparently I am a glutton for punishment, as I actually have a third post to make today. EEK! I went to Safeway and scored on some breakfast food. I found a coupon for a free gallon of milk. I was checking out a couple online sources and found that there was a rebate on the new Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antidioxidants cereals. Sure I am game and I'll have my husband try it first anyway. I also perused the store circular and found that always Pantiliners were on sale and I have a coupon. Woo hoo! I was excited to go to the store and show off my new found coupon wizardry, so I picked up my three items and off to the self check out I went. The store was rather quiet and a really nice and friendly checker was manning the self check out registers. I sidled up to the register nearest to her to try my hand at this wondergul couponing event, wanting a witness to my money saving savvy.

The Kellogg's cereal was regularly priced at $4.49 a box and on sale for $ 2.50. I received a $1.99 savings thanks to using Safeway's Club card. Next up was the milk which rang in at $3.29. My coupon was too faded, so I had to ask the checker to enter it. Always Pantiliners were regularly priced at $1.29 and on sale for .99 cents. Thanks to the handy dandy red store card, I had now saved .30 cents off those suckers.Score! Yes! I handed over $2.39 for my score of a gallon of free milk, a box of free cereal and my .49 cent pantiliners.
Checker smiled at me and made no comment. No bells and whistles went off slot machine style to wow the other shoppers by  my coupon prowess. Methinks said checker might have seen more stupendous couponing feats or perhaps needed a cup of coffee.

There is also a cool rebate form from Kellogg's for trying their product.
So here is the scoop on this transaction:
Total spent for the year is $8.44
Have $21.56 left to spend, plus I will get the $2.50 back from the cereal rebate*, **
I have received products worth $9.09 in this transaction,
YTD savings is $61.02
*note husband  helpfully pointed out that I should subtract the cost of the postage from my total when sending in the rebate form.
** note-who cares what husband said, I think my brain will explode if I have to remember to subtract the postage from the rebate form let alone how much said postage stamp is even worth now that it is one of those handy dandy forever stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment