Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Looking for the deals...

Saving money takes time. I spent about an hour total yesterday looking for the best deals of the week. I went through the grocery store fliers for the main three local chains; Raley's, Safeway and Lucky's. I looked at the store fliers for Walgreens and RiteAid.  I sorted through all the coupons I have so far; which include coupons my parents didn't want from their Sunday paper, a long stream of coupons I received yesterday from Walgreens along with my receipt, various coupons I found in magazines I receive. Kind of a pitiful coupon stash at this point and none of mine matched up with anything that was a great deal or loss leader at the stores. I could have gotten a homeopathic flu medicine at Walgreen's and used a printable coupon I found and actually have made $2 on the deal, but it felt wrong to me. I don't use homeopathic medicines and I really don't want to buy products that I don't intend to use myself or pass along to my parents. I had high hopes for dashing out to a multitude of stores with a fistful of coupons and watching the cashier dance with delight and high five me at the miniscule total I paid.
Not yet anyway...stay posted I am a woman with a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment