Monday, March 21, 2011

Updated deals

Although it has been over a week since I posted, that does not mean that coupons weren't used!
I hit a big Olay bodywash/soap haul. At after Christmas sales, I purchased several shampoo and conditioner sets at 50% off or better and they all had $2 off coupons inside of the packs. I saved them and have been watching for a good deal. I was able to do the transaction six times over since the shelves were packed. I even shared coupons with a fellow shopper I met along the way so that she was also able to take advantage of the deal.  My surplus was shared with my Mom and Mother in law. My own portion of the body wash and soap will go the shelf  for my family's use and the rest is going to be donated to a local charity.

The bodywash and soap was on sale for 3 for $12, with a $3 RR, so the cost was $9 for three bottles. I used 3-$2 off coupons for each transaction, bringing the total out of pocket cost of the soaps to $3 plus tax.

Total spent on these six transactions was $7.17 and I got back $3 in RR; so total spent was $4.17 times 6 transactions or $25.02
YTD to spend is Negative $1.66-EEK
I received products worth $125.82
YTD savings is $543.26

In the coming weeks, watch how I get that negative balance up into a positive one!

No comments:

Post a Comment