Sunday, April 10, 2011

More Charitable items at CVS




I am challenging myself to build back up my funds for purchasing charity items, items for my parents and my family with my $30 for the year budget. The budget was sadly depleted down to a negative balance, but I am on my way back! WhooooHooooooo!
At CVS Air Wick products were buy $20 worth and get back $10 ECB. I bought two AirWick freshmatic kits and two AirWick Freshmatic refills. The kits were on sale for $6 each and the refills were $5 each. I spent $22.
I used 2 coupons for $4 off on the kits and one bogof coupon on the refills for a total of $13 off. I paid $7 and got a $10 off  ECB. I also bought some bubbles for my kids that were $1.99 with a $1.99 ECB back.
Paying the tax of $2.34 on the items, my total came to $4.83 because I used $8.50 worth of ECB from a previous transaction. To further confuse myself and make the transaction as confusing as possible I got $20 cash back. Doh! I should not do this on future transactions, as this mental math midget is challenged enough already!

Total spent was $13.33 and I got back $11.99 in ECB. Out of pocket was $1.34
YTD to spend is $2.84
I received products worth $45.39
YTD savings is $654.27

No comments:

Post a Comment