Thursday, December 30, 2010

How about a little more detail about my challenge ?

How am I planning to get free stuff anyway?

 - There are a couple ways I know of to get free products from the stores. One way is to find an item on sale in a store flier. For example: Walgreen's might have toothpaste on sale for 1.00 each. I look through my coupon stash and discover two coupons each for a dollar off any size of that brand of toothpaste. By combining a sale price with a coupon I can get the item free and only pay the sales tax. Then I have two tubes of toothpaste to add to my stash. Yippee, clean teeth for free!

Stacking coupons

 - Another way to end up with a freebie is by using a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon. Using the scenario above, let's say I find that toothpaste on sale at Walgreen's for a dollar. I have a 50 cents off coupon from the manufacturer and a Walgreen's store coupon for .50 cents off.  By Combining the coupons I can get a dollar off the tube of toothpaste and  get that tube for free.


Double Coupons

 - Don't I wish we had double coupons. No such luck. I have heard terrific stories of sales where stores have coupon doubling policies and customers are able to walk off with a cartload of savings. Sadly, sniff, sniff, no coupon doubling in our area.

Money Making with coupons

- Actually getting the store to pay me for trying it's products is a new concept for me. Apparently, savvy shoppers are able to get money back plus free items by combining those coupons and sales.I have never been gutsy enough to give that a try at my local stores. Maybe I will have to get out my trench coat and glasses with the attached nose disguise and give it a try. Hmm...

Rebates

 - I have been successful with rebates. I usually send away for a couple a year. Usually there is a form to fill out and by including my cash register receipt, upc labels and promising my first born child; there is a rebate to be had. Often on the price paid for the product, not the tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment